A grassroots effort to inspire the community
Vision 2020's mission is simple: to harness the ideas and energy of volunteers, in collaboration with community organizations, to implement a shared vision for improving Austin's quality of life.
Hundreds of community members in a variety of active committees are working with businesses, non-profits, local government, and educational institutions to make tangible progress toward their respective goals.
Be sure to check out each committee's page under "Our Committees" for more information on their work and progress. You can also learn more about how Vision 2020 got started and the impact it is having on the community by clicking on "History and Accomplishments" above.
Our committees' broad visions currently include:
- Creating a business friendly environment
- Becoming a regional leader in education
- Constructing a new community recreation center
- An expanded and more accessible biking and walking trail system
- Expanding access to state-of-the art Internet technology
- Embracing and maintaining our waterways
- Making downtown Austin a premier small city center
- Increasing community pride and spirit among all residents
- Creating an attractive "gateway" for visitors throughout Austin